Your views wanted on patient involvement
NHS Swindon Clinical Commissioning Group will take responsibility for buying the healthcare services for the population of Swindon and Shrivenham on 1 April 2013. We want patients and the public to be involved in the decisions that we make and this strategy sets out how that will be achieved.
Read more on the strategy and how to get involved...
NHS Swindon aims to be open with patients, their families, carers or representatives, including if anything goes wrong; welcoming and listening to feedback and addressing concerns promptly and in a spirit of co-operation.
This section explains what NHS services are available to you, such as:
- Information on the NHS Direct service.
- All about the Urgent Care Centre at the Great Western Hospital, which is open 24 hours a day.
- The walk-in service, which is a nurse led facility run by nurse practitioners. A nurse practitioner is on duty from 7.00am – 2:00am, seven days a week.
- You can also find information on how to find a GP, dentist, optician and pharmacist and more.
- Information on the choices you have in selecting hospital treatment anywhere in England.
- SADIE is the Swindon area Database and Information Exchange, a voluntary register for parents and carers of children and young people up to the age of 25, who have any type of disability.
- The wheelchair and seating service, which provides assessments for adults and children needing long term manual and powered wheelchairs.
- The PALS and Complaints team want to hear about your compliments, comments, concerns and complaints.