Page updated: 06 Aug 2012
National information and advice
- Learning Ambassadors widening participation in adult, family and community learning.
- MIND mental health charity providing information and confidentail help and support on a range of mental health issues. Tel: 0845 766 0163.
- The Samaritans - if you are feeling low and/or have things on your mind, Samaritans offer confidential, non-judgemental emotional support.
Tel: 24 hour helpline: 08457 90 90 90 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the deaf and hard of hearing, a textphones service is available, call: Tel: 08457 90 91 92.
- Richmond Fellowship, Wiltshire is funded by the PCT to provide mental health services to people who would like to access support to enter training, voluntary work and employment. They have strong links with the Community Mental Health Teams.
The Richmond Fellowship is a registered charity and a leading national specialist in holistic mental health care, working in the community to facilitate the recovery of people with mental needs.
For more info: Tel: 01793 433571.
- Sane - provides help and information to those experiencing mental health problems, their families and carers. It also provides SANEline, a national telephone helpline offering emotional support and information for people affected by mental health problems.
Tel: 0845 767 8000, open 6pm-11pm every day.
- The Councelling Directory aims to provide the UK with a huge counselling support network, enabling those in distress to find a counsellor close to them and appropriate for their needs. It is a free, confidential service for anyone who needs advice and help. The website also contains a number of sections on different types of distress.