There can be many reasons for changes in the breast and often they will be harmless.
Any unusual change needs to be checked, as there is a chance it could be a sign of cancer.
Check your breasts for any signs of the following:
- Size and shape: if one breast changes in size or shape.
- A new lump or thickening in one breast or armpit that is different to the rest of the breast.
- Skin changes: puckering, dimpling, inflammation or redness of the skin.
- Nipple changes: if a nipple becomes inverted (pulled in), changes shape or points differently.
- Rashes on or around the nipple.
- Discharge or fluid (not milky) from one or both nipples.
- Pain or discomfort in the breast or armpit that is not related to your periods.
- Swelling under the armpit or around the collarbone.