Access to a dietician
Dietitians see people individually to advice on a range of nutrition related problems. Referral is through your general practitioner (GP).
Weight management group
Swindon Borough Council run weight management groups which are funded by NHS Swindon. Half the session covers healthy eating and half is gentle exercise. Contact Carole Jones on 01793 511033 or visit the Challenge Swindon website.
Wiltshire Community dental services
This includes advice on oral health, including diet.
National links for advice on healthy eating
- 5 a day - Advice on eating five or more helpings of a variety of fruit and vegetables daily. This includes advice on portion sizes, recipes and how to fit 5 a day into a busy life. Visit the 5 a day website.
- British Heart Foundation - The British Heart Foundation has practical information on food and other lifestyle factors. Resources such as leaflets and posters can be ordered online or downloaded.
- British Nutrition Foundation - The British Nutrition Foundation website has a lot of nutrition information as well as information sheets to download.
- Food Standards Agency - The consumer advice and information site, which provides an excellent range of information on healthy eating.
- Weight Wise - The Weight Wise website gives free, effective and sensible advice on losing weight. It includes an advice section for teenagers and young adults. The website is developed by the British Dietetic Association.
- General food safety advice is available for businesses and consumers from the Food Standards Agency.