Page updated: 18 Oct 2011

Help at home

If you are finding it difficult to cope with your caring responsibilities at home, you may be able to get extra help.  Please look at the Carer’s assessment section to find out about having an assessment of your needs.  The person you care for may be eligible for their own services, although there is often a charge for such services.

Help in the home

Services can be arranged by adult social care, working in partnership with other agencies.   However, in order to have more choice and control, many people are now deciding to have a direct payment, the equivalent amount of money, so that they can arrange support themselves.  Disabled people can have direct payments to help meet the costs of their ongoing support, and carers are entitled to direct payments to pay for their own support.

To find out more about direct payments, please look at the Swindon Borough Council website under health and social care/adult social care/direct payments.

Swindon Borough Council has produced a leaflet called help to live at home or you can get a copy from the One-stop-shop on Princes Street in Swindon.

You can also contact Care Line on freephone 0800 085 66 66 for further information.

Swindon CCG, Floor five, David Murray John Building, Brunel Centre, Swindon, SN1 1LH Tel: 01793 444614 or 01793 444655